Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentines Day!




To all my  lady friends ( That sounds funny):

Dear Valentine, 

You are beautiful, lovely, full of value! A treasure , a gift! You are special and desirable!

Regardless of whether or not you got flowers or a card or a car from that special someone, 

YOU ARE LOVED!

Happiest of Valentines day to you!



Whether I know you or not, I would pledge my life that those descriptive words up there are true of you!  We can end here. We can part ways now.  But if you want to know how I know without a shadow of a doubt that those words are true, read on. 

Valentines day is one of my least favorite days of the year. Mostly because it can bring out materialism and comparison. These are a few of my least favorite things, and something I am so terribly guilty of.

My husband of 14 years, rocks my world! He is not perfect, but I think he’s close. 
BUT, He is only a shadow of the one who loves me most of all. 

There is another. One who calls you “Worthy” and “Beautiful”. It is the most beautiful love story ever told and I could listen to it over and over again! The one who made you….He calls you by name. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He gave His life, to give you life and to adopt you and bring you into His family. 

Here are the things He says about you and the places in the bible you can find it. 

YOU ARE VALUABLE!


I am the Creator and you are my creation. I breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7). I created you in my own image (Genesis 1:27).  I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). I know the number of hairs on your head, and before a word is on your tongue I know it (Matthew 10:30Psalm 139:4). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).

YOU ARE LOVED!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
If you exist in the world you can fill your name in that sentence. 

"God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 


YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty, honor him, for He is your Lord." Psalm 45:10-11

Beloved, He does not love as the world loves! The love of the world pales in comparison to the love that Creator God has for His creation! 

So this is your valentines day card! The bible is full of many more gifts for you! The words have been the same for many many years! They won’t die like flowers. Or ever get empty like a bottle of perfume. They are at no risk of being stolen and the stock market doesn't bother them. They are for you….forever! The bible says "He gives good gifts even while we sleep!"

And one last thing,  the most important of all. He wants you. Not just on Sundays. Every day. A relationship. A real one! 

Happy Valentines Day Beloved! 


 I’m happy to share more with you! I love to tell about Him. 

Here are some songs!


No comments:

Post a Comment